KidsSci Math Activities
- Guess how many – Students learn basic statistics by guessing how many items are in a jar.
- Fibonacci Numbers – Students learn about Fibonacci numbers and a fibonacci math trick.
- Blaise Pascal’s Triangle
- The Game of Sprouts
- Connect 9 Dots with 4 Lines – This brain puzzler will help students think outside the box.
- Magic Squares
- Pythagorean Pleasantry
- Magic Multiplication
- Crazy Multiplication
- The Magic Number – This is another number trick that will also trick students into learning basic algebra.
- Lightning Addition
- Squaring 2 Digit Numbers Ending in 5
- 34 Square
- The Number & The Age
- Multiplication by 11 – Students learn how to multiply by 11 in their heads.
- 4 Equilateral Triangles with 6 Sticks – This is another brain puzzler to get kids thinking outside the box.
- Think of a Number Less Than 10…
- How to Tell a Person’s Age
- Numbers – Sum of Digits = Divisible by 9
- Predict the Throw of 3 Dice
- How to Find What Day Something Happened
- The Card Game of 50 – This is a KidsSci card game similar to War that uses math.
- Multiplying by 9’s
- Multiplying Alternating Numbers
- Multiplying Numbers Ending in 1
- Multiplying by 15, 150, 1500 & beyond
- Muliplication by Excesses
- Quick Division Rules
- Tower of Hanoi puzzle – Kids learn the solution to solving the Tower of Hanoi puzzle and learn some math.
- Of Numbers Thought Upon
- How to Measure Height or Distance
- Pick a Card / The Three Pile Problem
How to sum numbers to 1,000
How to make a square out of a 15″x3″ board
Two Jars Riddle
Diophantus Age Riddle
Make a Homemade Theodolite
Multiplication on One Line
Square Any Number of Nines
Adding Large Columns of Numbers
Multiplying Numbers with Fractions
Multiplying by 25 or 12-1/2 or 125
Primary Numbers Spreadsheet
Dudeney’s Dissection / Triangle to a Square
The Game of PIG
Put & Take Probability Dice Game
The Game of Senet
The Diabolical Cube
The Game of Nim
1729 or 2357
Dividing by 7, 11 & 13 Trick
Multiply by 10 & Subtract Multiple of 9
Addition Table Trick
Mathematical Black Hole
Steinmeyer Nine-Card Trick
Howard Adams Mated Cards Trick
Tafl games (Hnefatafl, Tablut, etc.)
Fox & Geese games